YO
DOTAI ACADEMY! an original yaoi/bl roleplay
Open
Threads
AD
PROMO
WELCOME
WELCOME TO DOTAI ACADEMY an original yaoi/BL roleplay that has been up and running since August 2012.

We are a no word-count site and allow you to use playbys from any source so long as the image you are using is animanga in style so take a seat, look around and enjoy your stay here at Dotai! We're happy to have you~ ♥

UPDATES
Good News, Everyone! An Activity Check! We've had some different activity going around and we'd like to clean this place up a bit (as part of the revamps that are going on behind the sceenes). This is going to be a very short check. By the time you blink, it'll be over, so please participate. Everything is getting deleted if you don't post in the check. This goes for new people as well because a proper list will be made, so don't skip ou ton it, ok?

In other news, allt he apps that have been waiting since the dawn of time have finally been looked over and approved/pended. Please check that out, and we're really sorry to keep you guys waiting. Play on! Please keep an eye out for updates and feel free to contact staff with questions or concerns. :)

Add Reply
New Poll

It's a misunderstanding!
Darren Tendou
 Posted: Jan 27 2017, 11:14 AM

195POSTS
290DOLLARS

Berry
is Offline

Darren Tendou
Jiyu Student

Darren was taking a jog around the city. Well he actually just meant to jog to the park then back to school but he seemed to have gotten distracted by the music he was listening to. He stops taking a break from his jog. He takes out his headphones and gets some water. He finally looks around to see where he was at. He blinks and almost chokes on his water. The unmei underground?! He coughs slightly and his fave turns a little pale. Oh no! Oh no not here! He tries to keep his breathing under control as he starts to freak out. Don't let them smell your fear Darren!! He closes his eyes standing up straight taking a deep breath.

He tries to make his way back to the school without being noticed. Of course he was being noticed thanks to his height and the way he looked. He wished he had worn a shirt now. He blushes deeply keeping his head down. He gasps as he bumps into some people. "Ahh s.. z.. s sorry!!" He shrinks back when he gets pushed. He looks up to see two other guys standing in front of him. Oh no I'm dead.

He backs up and jumps when he touches the wall behind him. Well no escape route behind. He looks in front of him and sighs. He could fake his way out right? He's strong and scary looking so he'd just have to be brave. He takes a deep breath and stands up straight. "Look I'm sorry but move! Uh I hope your not upset about this misunderstanding we just have to watch were we're going from now on right?"

He laughs a little nervous but tried to keep his brave act up. He felt like they weren't really buying it though so he tried to get away. But they grab his arm stopping him. "Can you uh let me go?"

This post has been edited by Darren Tendou: Jan 27 2017, 03:57 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Benjamin Carter
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 05:53 PM

12POSTS
125DOLLARS

Lou
is Offline

Benjamin Carter
Second Year

Benny hummed cheerfully to himself as he made his way out of the red light district. To onlookers, he made for quite an incongruous picture. A short boy of indeterminate age, wearing a soft powder-blue hoodie and navy blue sweatpants dusted with flour? Unusual, maybe, but not unheard of. That same boy, smiling beatifically and swapping a container of cookies for an empty one with a rough-looking male prostitute? Okay… that was a little odd. Turning around, beaming, and linking arms with a pair of over-muscled guys in trenchcoats and sunglasses, who looked bemusedly resigned to this treatment? Yeah, that’s pretty strange.

He had never cared about what onlookers thought, though. He had met Kaoru- the prostitute- last year, when he had been wandering around town and gotten lost. The older boy had offered to show him a good time, and Benny had cheerfully taken that as an invitation to drag him back to his dorm and feed him soup, chattering at him about video games and knitting patterns. Kaoru hadn’t seemed to quite know how to react, but Benny was good at steamrolling over people until they accepted that they had somehow acquired a bossy new friend.

Jin and Kaito had come later. Heading back to campus after visiting Kaoru one day, he had noticed them leaning against a wall, smoking. A more normal person might have noticed the tension in the air around them, and kept their head down as they walked by. As for Benny, well… Kaito had snapped, “What are you looking at, brat!” at him, and he had cheerfully replied, “I like your tattoos! Your neck looks cold, though.” and cheerfully looped his own scarf around his neck before skipping off again.

The two gang members had looked at each other in disbelief, and mutually decided to never speak of it again. Unfortunately for those plans, the next time Benny came around, he had made extra cookies, and offered them some. Kaoru had smiled sympathetically at them over his own cookie, and before they knew it, the little baker had become a common sight on their turf.

Now, Benny was not actually as naive as he seemed from the outside. He was perfectly aware of what his friends actually did for a living- there was a reason he made a point never to visit during Kaoru’s regular “working hours,” after all. But such things didn’t really concern him, beyond his staunch disapproval of Kaoru’s skimpy winter clothing choices. And Jin and Kaito were really sweet guys, if a little rough around the edges.

On this particular day, Jin and Kaito had insisted on walking him to the end of their territory. Benny would have protested- he was perfectly capable of taking care of himself!- but it was nice to get to spend time with them. So here he was, cheerfully humming some sugary pop song, arm-in-arm with Jin as Kaito scowled down at his phone. He wasn’t paying attention to where he was walking, so when a figure stumbled into him, he found himself knocked to the ground.

Instantly, Benny’s friends crowded the guy against the wall. “Wait, guys, it’s really okay. I’m fine, see?” Benny said, staggering to his feet. The stranger was already apologizing, so really, it would be fine, right? “Come on, Jin.” he said, tugging at the arm his friend was using to hold the stranger in place.

Turning to look at the stranger, his first thought was “puppy!!” And indeed, for all that most people would have noticed his shirtlessness, or the way his face and body were absolutely littered with piercings, what struck Benny most was the stranger’s body language. And that body language positively screamed ‘little lost puppy trying to look like a big scary dog.’

He gave him his best beaming smile and said, “It’s fine. No hard feelings, right?” Realizing he was still holding his last tin of cookies, he added, “Oh! Here, do you want one?” as he popped it open and held it out.

This post has been edited by Benjamin Carter: Jan 30 2017, 05:53 PM
PM
^
Darren Tendou
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 06:17 PM

195POSTS
290DOLLARS

Berry
is Offline

Darren Tendou
Jiyu Student

Darren blinks and looks at Ben when he stood up for him. So these guys where his friends that's different. Wait did he go to school with this guy? He blushes in embarrassment, oh no he's been caught in a situation like this by a possible classmate. He watches Ben talk to his friends calming them down. He sighs in relief when he's freed. He looks at Ben shocked when he hears puppy come out of his mouth. Puppy? He looks around slightly to see if there was a dog but he didn't see one. He blinks and blushes a little darker. "Me... me? A.. a p-puppy?"

He mentally slaps himself when he realizes he's went back to being normal Darren. He never was very good at the big bad guy act. He quickly nods his head and does a quick bow. "Y-Yes! I'm sorry for bumping you.." He sighs softly to himself, good no hard feels. He looks at the cookies for a moment and a small smile appears on his face. Food was something that could break his shell a little. He enjoyed cook so of course he'd love trying other people's food. "Um yes... I.. I'd like one.." He takes a cookie and takes a bite out of it. "Yummy. It's good. Thank you."

He hums as he eats the cookie. Once he was done he gasps when he realized that he forgot something. He blushes deeply and quickly bows. "Oh I'm.. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself! My.. My name's Darren!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Benjamin Carter
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 06:44 PM

12POSTS
125DOLLARS

Lou
is Offline

Benjamin Carter
Second Year

Benny stifled a giggle as the boy turned red. “Oops, sorry, I didn’t really mean to say that out loud.” he admitted. “But you really did look like a lost puppy for a minute there. Sorry!” Actually, come to think of it, what was the redhead doing down here? Maybe that comparison was more apt than he thought- was he actually lost, after all? He didn’t seem too comfortable… Well, Benny could work with that. Making people feel comfortable was his specialty!

He waved off the other boy’s bow, “It’s fine, it’s fine! You didn’t mean to, and nobody got hurt, and that’s what’s important, right?” he said, looking pointedly at Jin and Kaito. Jin rolled his eyes; Kaito facepalmed and gave his friend a ‘you see what we’re dealing with here?’ kind of look, but Benny ignored that with practiced ease.

He grinned broadly as the redhead took the proffered cookie. That soft little smile… yup, this was definitely the right call. His grin widened still further when the other boy praised said cookie. “Oh good, I’m so glad you liked it! I was trying out a new recipe for these, and I wasn’t sure if they would turn out right. I’m glad they did!”

The other boy’s startled gasp as he remembered his manners… well, if Benny hadn’t already been smiling so hard, that would have done it. And that embarrassed little blush- too cute! Benny wanted to ruffle his hair.

“It’s nice to meet you, Darren!” he chirped. “I’m Ben, but you can call me ‘Benny’ if you want to. Most people do. This big lug,” he indicated Jin, “is Jin, and this,” he pointed at Kaito, “is Kaito. I promise, they’re usually nicer than that,” he said, completely ignoring the way they were both still glaring, “and I’m sure they’re both sorry for shoving you, even if they won’t admit it.”

Absently, he pressed a finger to the side of his face. “I meant it, though,” he said, train of thought returning to a previous station, “you did look a bit lost. Can we help you find something?”
PM
^
Darren Tendou
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 07:18 PM

195POSTS
290DOLLARS

Berry
is Offline

Darren Tendou
Jiyu Student

Darren nods his head slightly and smiles slightly. "Ye.. yes I'm glad you weren't hurt.." He shrugs back slightly and looks at the ground after he took a look at Jin and Kaito. He looks at Ben when he started talking about the cookie. "It's really good. I.. I like c-cooking and baking as... as well.. Uh I could gi-give you a few recipes if you want.." He blushes a little embarrassed as he takes about trading recipes with a guy he just met.

He smiles at Ben after he introduced himself. He blinks when Ben started to introduce the two scary looking guys. He looks at Jin and Kaito for a moment before bowing slightly. "It's.. It's nice to met you all." He giggles softly as he looks at Ben. It was amazing to him how Ben wasn't scared of the two men. He wished he could be brave like Ben.

He blushes deeply at Ben's question and scratches his cheek slightly. Oh man Ben could tell he was lost. What was he suppose to tell him exactly, the truth seemed a little embarrassing. He sighs softly and closes his eyes dropping his head slightly. He couldn't think of anything so it looked like he was going with the truth. "Uh.. I.. I went for a jog.. I um wasn't paying attention to where I uh was g-going and I ended up here. I was just trying to.. to get back to the school when I.. I bumped into you.." He really wished he had wore one of his baggy shirts so he could hide his face.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Benjamin Carter
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 07:43 PM

12POSTS
125DOLLARS

Lou
is Offline

Benjamin Carter
Second Year

Benny clapped excitedly when Darren offered to trade recipes- he just couldn’t help it! What luck- he made a new friend, and one who liked to cook, to boot! This was shaping up to be a really great day, he just knew it. “I’m so glad you think so! And yeah, if you wouldn’t mind sharing I’d really love that!” he said, beaming. “Of course, I’d be happy to share some of mine with you, too- we could trade!”

When Darren bowed to Jin and Kaito, repeating his introductory greeting, it looked for a moment like they weren’t going to respond, or if they did, by spitting at him or something. Benny, though, just gave them his patented quelling Look™, and they dropped their eyes and murmured something noncommittal. “Great!” he said cheerfully, “We’re all friends now!” He thought he heard Kaito stifle a snort behind him, and a coughed “not again!” from Jin, but he chose to ignore that.

And oh man, there came that blush again. Darren just looked so adorably flustered! Getting lost was nothing to be embarrassed about- that was how Benny himself had wound up here to begin with, after all. So he just smiled brightly, and said, “Hey, don’t worry it happens to us all at some point.”

Something in that last bit registered, albeit a bit belatedly. “Wait, school? You don’t go to Dotai, do you? Me too!” A thought struck him, and he added, “How have we never met before? I feel like I should have seen you around campus at some point or other- oh, wait!” he clasped the redhead’s hand, “You should totally come by the culinary club some time! We don’t have that many members, but it’s always fun!” he gushed.

But that was straying from the point a bit, so he shook his head a little, as if trying to clear it. “I was about to head back now; want to walk together?” he asked brightly. He realized he was still holding the other boy’s hand, but instead of dropping it, he tugged lightly, pulling Darren along with him and waving his goodbyes to Jin and Kaito.
PM
^
Darren Tendou
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 10:56 PM

195POSTS
290DOLLARS

Berry
is Offline

Darren Tendou
Jiyu Student

Darren smiles happily hearing Ben agree to trade recipes. That was great! He blinks and blushes slightly looking at Ben a little surprised to hear him say the word friend. Tears well up in his eyes but quickly shakes his head to make them go away. He made some friends, when more like a friend meaning Ben. He wasn't sure if the other two really liked the idea of being his friend. Besides he was still a little afraid of them he didn't mind the thought of not being friends with them. He smiles happily at Ben, "Yeah friends!" He wasn't really use to someone wanting to be his friend so he was really excited and happy.

He gives a simple nod when Ben tells him that everyone gets lost at some point. He knew that but it was still really embarrassing for him. What a way to met someone who probably goes to the same school for the first time.

He blinks and looks at Ben when he asks if they went to same school. He nods his head at him. "Y-Yes I.. I do.. But.. But I'm a Jiyu student that... that ma-may be why we haven't met.." He blushes deeply when Ben suddenly grabs ahold of his hand. Ben's hand was warm even though his hand was already warm it felt nice. "Uh.. S-Sure.. I'll see if I can join.. That s-sounds fun."

He blinks and nods his head slightly giving a small smile. "Um.. S.. Sure.. Walking back together sounds nice.." He gasps as Ben starts to pull him. He looks at back at Jin and Kaito waving at them slightly. He looks back at Ben and blushes looking at their hands. Ben sure is friendly, he's not even afraid of him. It was nice to not be feared for once.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Benjamin Carter
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 11:16 PM

12POSTS
125DOLLARS

Lou
is Offline

Benjamin Carter
Second Year

Benny nodded sagely, “Ah, that would probably explain it. I still don’t know too many of you guys. Which seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of sharing a campus, you know?” He waved expansively with the hand not currently holding Darren’s own. “We should be putting our best foot forward, and making a point of collaborating with each other! If all we do is stick to ourselves, what’s the point?”

He turned back to face Darren, ducking his head a bit and smiling. “Please do come. We’d be happy to have you. Oh! And if any of your friends want too come too, they’d be welcome as well!” And they definitely would be- the club was always looking for new members. Maybe Benny should make a point of inviting Jiyuu students the next time they held a special event. People wouldn’t turn up if they didn’t know about it, right? Or if they thought they were going to get caught in the silly turf war between the two schools’ populations…

Looking at Darren, something suddenly struck Benny. Darren was shirtless. Very shirtless. And he had been jogging, so he had probably gotten sweaty… Even if his hands were warm- and Benny was definitely in a position to know that right now- all it would take was one gust of wind, and Darren would find himself chilled to the bone.

Without further ado, he dropped the other boy’s hand. Slipping his arms out of his sleeves, he pulled his hoodie over his head. He felt his shirt ride up a little, but refused to let himself feel self-conscious about that right now, even if Darren’s far more muscular midsection was already on display next to him. Instead, he calmly whipped his hoodie off, and yanked the hem of his t-shirt back down again.

“Here!” he said, holding his hoodie out to Darren, “You should put this on. I know it’s probably not your size, and it’s kind of covered in flour, but it’s better than nothing. You could catch a cold, walking around like that at this time of year!” he said, tone lightly scolding.

PM
^
Darren Tendou
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 12:03 AM

195POSTS
290DOLLARS

Berry
is Offline

Darren Tendou
Jiyu Student

Darren looks at Ben as he talks about the school. He smiles slightly and giggles. "It would be nice if the schools kinda paid more attention to each other.." He blinks and blushes as he looks down at the ground slightly. "Well I.. I re-really don't have any friends to invite.. But I'll defiantly come.." He shakes his head making the tears disappear once again. No need to cry over something like that especial in front of Ben.

He looks up at Ben again with a curious look when he lets go of his hand. He tilts his head wondering what he was doing. He gasps surprised to see Ben taking off his jacket. He blushes deeply and quickly looks down embarrassed. He blinks and looks at Ben when he holds out the hoodie to him. He shakes his head taking a step back looking at the hoodie. He laughs a little nervous waving his hands out in front of him slightly. "Uh I'm.. I'm ok really! It doesn't really matter if it's covered in flour but I.. I don't really like shirts or st-stuff like that.."

He looks down embarrassed and fiddles with his necklace. "I.. I just f-feel like I can't br-breathe in them.." He looks at him and bites his lip. "Besides I.. I don't really get sick that easily.. I've been all over the w-world with my.. my family so th-the weather doesn't bother me really.."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Benjamin Carter
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 12:37 AM

12POSTS
125DOLLARS

Lou
is Offline

Benjamin Carter
Second Year

Oh dear- it looked like Benny had accidentally touched a nerve when he asked about Darren’s other friends. He hadn’t meant for that to happen at all- he’d just assumed that a nice guy like Darren would have lots of friends, and presumably among them would be someone who liked cooking. But now Darren’s eyes looked suspiciously shiny…

“Well then!” Benny said, making sure to keep his voice cheerful, “I guess that means I’ll get to have you to myself!” Wait, no, that wasn’t quite what he meant to say. “Or rather, we, that is, the club, will have you all to ourselves.” There, that was better. His first attempt had sounded overbearing even to him; he didn’t want to scare his new friend away before he even turned up to a meeting.

Ben frowned, forehead creasing, when Darren turned down his offered hoodie. “Even so, you shouldn’t just walk around shirtless after running. The shock of going from warm to cold quickly is worse for you than just being cold, and the wind is supposed to pick up soon.”

He tilted his head to one side thoughtfully. “If it bothers you that much to put it on, you could at least wrap it around your shoulders?” He looked up at Darren sincerely though his lashes, “I’d just feel a lot better if you did, you know. It’s kind of a long walk, and even if you don’t get sick often that’s no reason to invite it in.”

Nothing could truly distract him from trying to get Darren to accept his sweater, but the last part of Darren’s statement gave it a good try. “Wow, really? Where have you been? Was it on vacation, or does your family move a lot for work?” he asked, rapid-fire. “Sometimes I feel like I’ve barely been anywhere, you know? Apart from home and here, I’ve only ever been to London. I’d love to see the world, someday.” he added, a touch wistfully.
PM
^
Darren Tendou
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 01:43 AM

195POSTS
290DOLLARS

Berry
is Offline

Darren Tendou
Jiyu Student

Darren blinks and blushes looking at Ben after his statement of having him to himself. It didn't sound weird to him, Ben saying that to him made him feel special actually. He giggles when Ben changes his wording. "It'll be nice to hang out with people.." It would be nice to feel like he belonged somewhere.

He frowns slightly as he's slightly scolded by Ben. He looks at the ground and sighs softly. He closes his eyes and whines softly. He really didn't want to wear the hoodie but he didn't want Ben upset. He sighs once again before looking at him slightly. "I.. I g-guess I could.. could wrap it on my shoulders.." He slowly takes the hoodie and stares at it with his lips pressed together slightly. He finally wraps the hoodie around his shoulders after giving it a look of 'I hate you'.

He looks at Ben when he starts to ask him so many questions. He smiles and his eyes light up. He loved talking about his family. He nods his head happily at Ben's first question. "Oh I'm been everywhere! Russia, Japan, Asia, America, Africa, England, and a bunch of other places." He hums softly as he thinks for a moment. "Hmm I guess you could say we moved around for work.. My family was a belly dancing group. I learned so much from all the places I went. I know how to talk a bunch of languages and I know how to cook a bunch of exotic and awesome food!" He smiles as he listens to Ben. He blushes slightly as he gets an idea. "Ben I could take you around to go sight seeing if.. if you'd like... I'd be a... a good guide.." He laughs a little nervous and scratches his cheek embarrassed.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Benjamin Carter
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 03:29 PM

12POSTS
125DOLLARS

Lou
is Offline

Benjamin Carter
Second Year

The moment Darren relented, the frown dropped right off of Benny’s face, replaced in an instant by his beaming smile once again. Sure, Darren was scowling at his hoodie like it had kicked him over and stolen his lunch money, but Benny was no stranger to that look. Every one of his little siblings had worn it at some point or other, and Benny forced them into their jackets. But no matter how much they whined about not being cold, he refused to relent until they were properly bundled up.

Charlie had taken to shooting him dirty looks about that, lately- something about ‘interfering with his image’ or ‘not looking cool.’ But hey- he must have known what he was in for, following his big brother to Dotai. If he really minded, he wouldn’t have worked so hard to come, right?

“There!” he chirped, straightening the sleeves around Darren’s neck. “Much better!”

His eyes widened as he listened to Darren’s list of his travels. “Wow, that’s amazing!” he gushed, fiddling with the hem of his shirt as he stared up at the taller boy. “I’m so jealous!” Well, sort of- he did want to travel the world someday, but for now, it was nice to see Darren light up as he talked. Finally, Benny seemed to have stumbled onto the right topic to get him to open up a bit!

“A belly dancing group?” he said, surprised. “That’s so cool! I would never have guessed. Do you dance, too? Or was it just your family?” He rubbed the back of his neck shyly, “I have two left feet, so I think dancers are really amazing.”

“Ooh, I bet! I can only imagine the kinds of things you must have learned.” he added, grinning broadly. “All I can speak is English and my terrible Japanese. But I’m gonna beg you to show me all the recipes you’ve learned at some point, okay?”

At Darren’s next words, Ben spun around, grabbing his hand again. “Really? Do you think you could? That would be incredible! I’d really, really love that!” He grinned brightly, “Hey, hey, out of everywhere you’ve been, what’s your favorite place in the world?”

PM
^
Darren Tendou
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 04:29 PM

195POSTS
290DOLLARS

Berry
is Offline

Darren Tendou
Jiyu Student

Darren blushes slightly after he'd finally gotten the sweater on and Ben started to fix it a little. He felt like he was a little kid again when his mother wanted him to dress up. She'd always get him in the outfit and would fix the outfit for him. Well at least Ben was happy now.

He blushes slightly and giggles as Ben praised his travels. It was nice when he got to talk about his past and people would get excited hearing about it. "It was pretty cool getting to see all the different cultures and stuff." His chest puffed out a little when Ben asks about the belly dancing. Dancing was something he was proud of! He nods his head and smiles happily. "Yes a belly dancing group! I'm a dancer too my mother and father taught me from when I was really young. I still practice dancing.." He blushes slightly a little embarrassed at how excited he always got talking about dancing. He blinks and looks at Ben for a moment hearing that he had two left feet. "I.. I could t-teach you how to dance if.. if you'd like. I really wouldn't mind.."

He nods his head and smiles at Ben. "Of course I'll show you. It'd be nice if you'd try some of my food too... If you'd like I could also teach you the different languages I know.."

He blushes deeply when Ben grabs his hand. He smiles at him and rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah. It'd be nice to revisit where I've been. I can visit all the friends I made their great people I'm sure you'd like them." He blinks and hums softly when Ben asked his favorite place. "That's a hard question.. I really liked all the places I've been.."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

14 FIRST YEARS 15 SECOND YEARS 21 THIRD YEARS 22 FOURTH YEARS 11 EXCHANGE STUDENTS 13 TEACHERS & FACULTY 19 CITIZENS
33 UKE 51 SEKE 31 SEME
MEMBER OTM Lottery
CHARACTER OTM Finnigan McWeathers
PAIRING OTM Yuuko Amano x Naomi Akiyama
THREAD OTM Won't you marry me?
The Chatbox
BOX RULES
★ Keep it PG-13
★ No advertising in the cbox
★ The ICC functions an online chatroom for characters.
★ Only accepted students & faculty in the icc.
★ Listen to staff. What we say goes, capiche?